Are these ice pick scars? I understand that those are hard to treat. Is there a procedure that might be able to help here?

I have tried retin-A and chemical peels. They dry out my skin (which I don't like), and deal with preventing new acne but not much else. My mom got dermabrasion years ago for acne scars much worse than mine, and it appeared to help somewhat, but the procedure seemed somewhat traumatic. I'll do whatever I have to to get this under control though.

For ice pick acne scarring, I would try the new Infini - minimal risk and downtime

The Infini uses microneedling fractional radiofrequency.  It is a very safe procedure with minimal downtime.  It works great for skin laxity, scars, particularly acne scars.  My blog answers most questions about it.  I'm the highest user of this technology in the US.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida.

Acne Scars

Fraxel is one of the best treatments for acne scars.  I have used it for years and have been fabulous results with acne scars.  The best part of the Fraxel is the minimal down-time involved in the procedure and patient's comfort.  The procedure only leaves you red for a day or two with an easy recovery.  For the best results please find a board certified dermatologist with experience in Fraxel.