Options to get rid of the lines and folds around my nose, lips, chin, and droopy cheeks? (photos)

I am a 40yo athletic woman, with a round face and very plump cheeks, and I have these horrible laugh lines, folds from my nose to my chin now. My face looks droopy and it makes me look far older than I am. Also unless my lips are at rest, the top lip shrugs & wrinkles excessively. I avoid face shots and I am hyperaware of looking like this. I feel they don't match the rest of me. What are my options? I only ask that my inquiry is not minimized. This is truly a serious concern for me. Thank you.

Fillers and thermage

I would recommend taking a non-surgical approach first. A combination of fillers, laser and Botox could be the best approach. Firstly, I would recommend injections of Volbella to address the lines around the lips as well as the naso folds; this works very well for this use. You might also be interested in techniques with Volift and Voluma which can provide a lifting effect to the cheek area and minimise a sagging appearance. However, the problem with using fillers is that it could add volume in the areas injected giving a rounder appearance. For the wrinkling or dimpling of the chin, Botox will be effective. You might also like to try Thermage which will tone and tighten the skin in this area and give a more contoured appearance. Once other avenues have been explored, a face lift would provide the best results. 

Fillers and thermage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Face

A combination of fillers, Ultherapy and Botox or Xeomin in the hands of an experienced and skilled provider could help you. I would recommend an evaluation so you can find out what options are available for you.

Face

Options to get rid of the lines and folds around my nose, lips, chin, and droopy cheeks?

Ulthera® or Ultherapy® is an excellent option for lifting a sagging lower face. Since this is an advanced procedure please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Wrinkle treatment

Thank you for asking the question.

You have the option of either going for a Face-lift surgery. However, if you are looking for a non-surgical option, then you would need to do a combination of BOTOX and Fillers for the laughter lines which are extending from nose down to the lips. You would do well to inject fillers in form of Juvederm ultra plus or volume. So, they will take care of the laughter lines. In addition you will need some cheek enhancement in the form of injection of volume which will not only give a nice rounded appearance to the higher cheek bones but also pull up the skin from the laughter lines, so that it will give the better contour. In addition you will need a slight lip-lift from the corners and that is done with the combination of few drops of BOTOX along with fillers. And very small dose of BOTOX towards the upper lip to lift up that lip and produce that central pouting. In addition you may want to consider a little amount of filler to the upper lip to volumize the upper lip and give a slightly better appearance. The wrinkles on the chin are easily treated with the few shots of BOTOX on the lateral aspect of the cheek. So that takes care of those dimples; which form when one is talking. So, for all this you will need to consult either and aesthetic dermatologist or a Plastic surgeon who can then take care of these injectable treatments. 

Regards, Dr. Amit Gupta

Wrinkle treatment

Thank you for asking the question.

Regards, Dr. Amit Gupta

Improving Laugh Lines and Wrinkles - Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Sculptra

A combination approach will give the most improvement. I recommend fillers for the lines themselves and to provide anatomical support with Sculptra for collagen building. Lasers, microneedling/prp and peels can improve texture and tone. Ultherapy and rf treatments can provide skin tightening and lift. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Anti-Aging

Thank you for your question and photos. There are several different ways to approach your concern. One solution would be fillers. You can inject products like Sculptra and Voluma laterally in the face to lift and tighten. A quality skin care regime like skin medica TNS will also compliment your treatments. It's always best to have a consultation with a local physician in person to determine the best treatment plan. Good luck! 

Anti-Aging

Lifting with Fillers and Exilis

Dear minefq:

With aging comes loss of facial volume and it the best way to soften some of the consequential lines are with injecting dermal fillers in the appropriate areas.  This along with skin tightening  with Exilis will help with improving the appearance of your lines.  All the best.

Lifting with Fillers and Exilis

Dear minefq: