How to treat? and if I need SURGERY how much would it cost? (photos)

I have a concave scar caused by acne on the nose

Doctor Answers 3

Depressed scar on nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This can easily be filled with a filler. You can try an HA filler and see how you like it. Bellafill would be a long term solution for this.

Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 54 reviews

Nasal tip acne scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. There are several options for scar revision...including surgery, laser, and topical strategies. Depending on your skin type, ethnicity, and age of the scar;  specific options may be offered. I would most likely excise a scar with a small ellipse given the location in the provided photograph. This would be followed by consideration of topical scar strategies. Topical scar lightening would be offered for darker skin types and lasers such as Pulsed dye laser might also be recommended. Silicone based topical treatment would be encouraged for all skin types. A visit with a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon well versed in scar revision could certainly help you address your specific concerns. Best of luck!

Stephen P. Smith, Jr., MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Acne Scarring Solution--Lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This can be treated with a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers, and subcision. Cost will vary. I recommend a consultation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.