Can I use minimize to embrace on my acne scars that are on my face?

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Please post photos for further evaluation. Acne scarring can be treated with a combination approach of lasers (Fractional Laser Resurfacing), peels, skin care and microneedling and fillers.. I suggest consulting with an experienced cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Laser treatments can help address acne scars

Hi Flipflip, thanks for your question.

It would have been ideal if you provided photos of the acne scars on your face so that I could provide a more specific response. Regardless of the extent of scarring, one must start with aggressive treatment of the acne to prevent further scarring. This can be done with an Accutane prescription from your doctor. It is also important that you don’t pick at your skin.

Scars result more from picking than from acne itself. Once acne is under control, surgical scar revision is an option but keep in mind that scarring is a permanent condition so such treatments can improve the condition but rarely remove it. Depending on the kind of scars you have, which can include: Icepick, boxcar, rolling, hypertrophic, hyperpigmentation scars, a variety of treatments can be considered ranging from laser, dermabrasion, augmentation, subcision, punch, chemical peels, skin needling, steroid injection, cryosurgery and/or topical applications. Multiple treatments are very often combined for optimal results, especially in cases of more severe scarring.

A consult with a board certified surgeon will help you identify the best treatment for your specific needs

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fade scars fast? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

It would be helpful if you could provide pictures so that a more informative answer can be constructed. The simplest agent to fade superficial acne scars is a salicylic acid wash. Should you have depressed scars, more intensive treatment will be necessary. This usually means visiting a acne scar expert. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon