Looking for a Doctor in Milwaukee Area for Depressed and Rolling Acne Scars? (photo)

I have been to consultations and was suggested laser resurfacing but im wondering if subcision would help out my situation better. Not one doctor has suggested it (plastic surgeon). Please help. Photo is attached. Thanks for all responses in advance

Hi There,

I just wanted to let you know that we have a section dedicated to Acne Scars Treatment, where you can research options, search Q&A, find doctors, and more. I have provided a link below that may help:


Hope this helps!


Sarah, RealSelf Team.

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you go to a plastic surgeons office you have a few options for acne scars. There is micro laser peel and pro fractional laser and even a mini facelift to stretch out the skin and make the acne scars fade.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scars with depressed and rolling scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Make sure that the doctor you find have options for you. There are many ways to approach this. It is hard to tell from you picture your scars and how to treat it. But generally I like procedures to get the skin close to the level of the normal skin and then follow this with a multilayered approach with co2 laser resurfacing.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.