I want treatment for wrinkle on lips? (Photo)

I had both 18th ago but only plump up the wrinkles I was going to try microbrasion? So what what do you think.

Lip wrinkles

We often call these wrinkles "smoker lines" as many patients attributed them to years of smoking. In truth they are caused by many things including genetics and sun exposure. Treating them involves a couple of different modalities. The quick fix is to use dermal fillers to plump up the creases. This generally shows some improvement, but it is temporary. Small doses of Botox can also help to lessen the effect. The more permanent solution is laser resurfacing. There are a variety of lasers on the market but my recommendation a full field erbium laser (I use a device made by Sciton). This device will do the best job are smoothing those lines. Good luck, Dr. M

Annapolis General Surgeon

Lip lines.

These lips lines are deep and due to loss of collagen.  A laser resurfacing along with PRP and possibly filler or fat transfer would do wonders.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Smokers lip line treatment

These are tough to treatment. Certainly, don't waste your money on microdermabrasion. This will only help by causing swelling, so the effects will be a couple weeks. A combination therapy is needed including filler, Botox, and either Infini or laser treatment. It will require multiple treatments. This is also called a "bar code" lip.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

I want treatment for wrinkle on lips?

Thank you for your question.  Often these wrinkles respond best to a combination of treatments including Botox, dermal fillers, chemical peels and laser resurfacing procedures.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss the best treatment options.  Best wishes.