I have both acne and acne scars. I would like to know how I can get rid of them? (Photo)

Doctor Answers 3

Dermatologist for acne control, see video

Firstly, you will need to get your acne under control. There after you have many methods to help reduce scars. See a general dermatologist first. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. 

Brisbane Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

Dark skin type with acne and scars

What makes this difficult is the areas of loss of pigment, hypopigmentation. This is hard to correct. Keep in mind that any treatment will only improve the scars and not "get rid" of them. My suggestion is to see a dermatologist for acne control. I prefer the Infini for acne scar treatment. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Acne and Scars

Please consult a board certified dermatologist for Accutane and lasers to treat these scars.  With dark skin the eMatrix would be the best laser for your scars. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.