What non-invasive treatment is best for skin tightening the thigh area and reducing the appearance of cellulite? (photos)

I am 5'10 and 145 lbs. I gained 20 lbs in 2 mos 4 years ago while going through chemo. Due to POF/menopause/hormone issues, I just can't tone my stomach and thighs back to their previous shape. I am turning 40 this year. I work out and eat well but do have RA so I don't want any invasive procedure. My MD is performing CoolSculpt on my stomach but says it would remove too much fat from my thighs, not cellulite. I don't want to change my overall shape. Thank you in advance for any responses!

VelaShape III for superior skin tightening and reduction of cellulite

Dear writer, the powerful VelaShape III has been delivering superior skin tightening and a nice reduction of cellulite. Bipolar Radiofrequency and infrared light are coupled with suction and massage to achieve these results. Typically between 3 to 6 sessions are recommended. Results are not permanent, as with all devices used to treat cellulite and tighten skin. The Vela likely gives one of the best, longer lasting results. Maintenance sessions are recommended yearly to keep the results. 

Best treatment for cellulite was

In my experience, I have not seen earth shattering improvement with regard to treatment of cellulite. I do believe that solid treatment is on the horizon.  I recommend that you seek out an expert in this field and try his or her advice and  monitor your result yourself carefully. Good luck.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.   If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

What non-invasive treatment is best for skin tightening the thigh area and reducing the appearance of cellulite?

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Thank you for your good question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina and Pellefirm

Cellulite is caused by connective bands woven throughout the fat that pull down the skin, creating dimpling seen on the skin’s surface. It is genetic in nature. Some people can loosen the tension on these bands by decreasing the amount of fat between the skin and the underlying fascial connection. Others just have cellulite and are skinny.

The Cellfina procedure is a minimally invasive one that numbs the area around the dimple on your buttocks or thighs, and then treats the connective bands woven throughout the fat that pull down the skin, creating dimpling seen on the skin’s surface. The Cellfina cellulite procedure works by precisely treating these tethered bands, causing them to fully release. Similar to a rubberband under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out in as little as three days.

Weight gain or weight loss should not affect the outcomes and the results have been seen for over 2 years (if not more). It is truly a really exciting new technology that most women can benefit from.
For the transverse skin wrinkles that often happen on the front of the thighs, I recommend Pellefirm treatments. I would also do Pellefirm treatments on the backs of the thighs and buttocks for improved skin over the Cellfina-treated areas.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question.  I hear your frustration, which many women share, about the appearance of cellulite. This is a problem for many women of all shapes and sizes.  There are several different options that you may wish to consider for fat reduction. Finding out what is best for you would require a personalized consultation.  We are currently offering Vanquish and CoolSculpting for those seeking some reduction of fat in the abdomen, flanks and back.  Vanquish, which is radio frequency technology, has a new application devise designed specifically to treat the thigh area. We chose this over the CoolSculpting thigh applicator as it seems a more gentle approach for treating that area in that the devise does not come in direct contact with the skin. Additionally, we offer Exilis Elite, another RF non-invasive technique for the body and have good success with treating the thigh area.  Exilis does a nice job of tightening up the skin.  Unfortunately, none of these devices will get rid of the cellulite.  The only long-term solution we offer for cellulite reduction is a minimally invasive surgical procedure, Cellulaze.  Most other cellulite reduction treatments are short term solutions and need to be repeated regularly to maintain results.  Good luck to you, I hope this helps. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment

This is a common question that I get from my patients.  To date there is only one devise that has been approved by the FDA that goes beyond just "Temporary" improvement of cellulite.  That device is called the Cellulaze device and it was approved for improvement of cellulite beyond that of just temporary improvement.  The Cellulaze device is an invasive device, though many would say it's, minimally invasive.  In my opinion, almost every non-invasive devise out there is expensive and usually will not achieve the goals many patients are looking for in a cellulite treatment.  In summary, unless you are willing to be at least, minimally invasive with your treatment, you might be best to save your money.

Cellulite on thighs

In my opinion, the gold standard for treating Cellulite is Cellulaze. It has the ability to both tighten skin and smooth the cellulite.The procedure has been around for almost 5 years in Europe as well as the US and has an excellent record. You should seek a doctor who has experience in Cellulaze and is willing to show you pictures of patients that look similar to yourself. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon