Scar on face. What can I do? (Photo)

i had garlic burns on my face..scab also formed..now it is peeled away..a dark brown colour scar is there.now i want to know whether it turn into normal colour or not..?please suggest me what to do..

Garlic burn treatment in Los Angeles

We actually see a lot of garlic burns on the face. I would begin with our brightening regimen which includes Melarase AM and Melarase PM, followed by Melapads and Replenish cream. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Option for treating discoloration after garlic burn

Garlic and therefore garlic paste contains sulfenic acid which breaks down into allicin. Allacin is a very strong chemical and as the sulfenic acid in the garlic paste breaks down the amount of allicin in it keeps increasing. Therefore when you keep garlic paste on your skin for a prolonged period the amount of allicin increases tremendously and you will actually suffer from a chemical burn with possible discoloration.  The discoloration will fade over time, but if you would like to speed up the process, a treatment with fractional non-ablative laser can greatly improve the appearance of the scar.

Ramon Peleaux, DDS, MD
Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon