Acne scars - please help me!

I have been battling with acne scars for awhile now, I have done tca cross 7 treatments, microneedling 5 treatments, peels, fillers, and lasers. I don't know what other options I have or maybe it's the doctors I visit. I have yet to find a very well know doctor in my area. I live in the detroit metro area. If anyone knows a doctor near me please let me know. I have spent to much money and time on this already, it has truly depressed me.

Match method to acne scar type.

The very first thing to do is to match a method to your scar type. More in the video below. Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, PRP and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.

Dr Davin Lim.

Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist.

Brisbane, Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scars treatment

It looks like you tried a combination of treatments which is what its recommended to treat acne scars .

Hard to assess without pictures. Treatment of acne scars required multiple treatments depending on the depth of the scars and what you want to achieve. Make sure the procedures are done by a well experienced dermatologist .

Joseph Doumit, MD
Montreal Dermatologist

Treating acne scars - try Infini

I have found the Infini is a great device for treating acne scars. It is better than lasers in my opinion. Subcision and Bellafill might be needed for deeper, tethered scars. TCA cross is good for the ice pick scars.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scars

It sounds like you have had multple treatments and should've seen some results already but not what you expected. You need to find a doctor that has a specialty in acne scarring treatment. The process can be very slow but finding th eright doctor is key. Be sure to take photos along the way so you can track your results. Good Luck!

Bruce K. Smith, MD

Acne Scar Solutions with lasers, fillers, subcision and microneedling/prp--takes a series of treatments

This is tough to answer without pictures. Acne scarring does take a series of treatments and is best in combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, peels, punch excision and fillers. I recommend getting a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. Don't let distance dissuade you, see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer