I have been diagnosed with cystic acne and Hidradenitis suppurativa mostly on my face. I am currently on meds for this. (photo)

My Dermatologist has told me that I have at least a year of taking meds. What price range should I expect for scar extraction as I am assuming that should be my next step? Also, I am on a limited income so cost may be an issue for me. I have been misdiagnosed most of my adult life. I realize I will never be a cover model but if I could just have people not totally staring at my scars and making me feel awkward, uncomfortable and deformed I would be very happy! Thank you so much for you time.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

There is no reason why you have to wait to have treatments for the scars.  Actually co2 laser has been shown to treat hidradenitis.  I suggest you see a cosmetic expert as this type of scarring is going to need a multitude of treatments in combination. Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scars for Years

I am so sorry for your acne scars and the length of time that you were not diagnosed. An in person consultation is the only way to know what the best treatment would be.  Chemical peels and Fraxel lasers would be some methods to help improve the appearance of the scars.  Best, Dr. Green