What type of treatment should I use to treat these acne scars? (Photo)

What would be the best treatment for my acne scarring? I feel I have two types the first is the deep ice pick scars. The one that bothers me the most is the more shallow one that's wider in diameter. I'd prefer to treat them all and have done a fractal laser once and didn't notice much if any difference.

What type of treatment should I use to treat these acne scars?

I usually excise ice pick scars then treat the crater scars with a fractional CO 2 laser using 2 or 3 treatments.

Acne Scars

Ice pick scars can extend deep into the skin and may need punch excision.  Erbium laser can help boxcar scars.  Fillers, subcision and chemical peels can help certain types of acne scars as well.  Unfortunately, it takes several treatments and a combination of modalities to improve acne scars.  It is best to see a qualified professional for an evaluation.
Good Luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scars and Best Treatment NYC

I have found that the eMatrix is the best treatment for your type of acne scars.  I would not expect to see a difference after only one treatment of any laser, whether it be Fraxel or any other laser.  You will need at least four treatments and ice pick scars may need additional treatments.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Punch excision, TCA CROSS, fractional devices, then filler.

Video in the web reference explains the TCA CROSS procedure, but I would also excise some of your scars. 
Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Acne scarring needs a combination of treatments for results.  I suggest seeing an expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.