Best treatment options for atrophic nasal tip scarring caused by electrocautery? (Photoss)

A little over one year ago a surgeon cauterized two cherry angiomas from my nose and I have been left with atrophic scars in their place. I looked into dermabrasion but have read it's not an appropriate option for burn scars. Would my scarring be categorized as a type of burn scar since it's the result of cautery? What are my treatment options? I have attached some photos of the two scars from various angles and in different lighting.

Atrophic acne scars on the nose

I would suggest Plato's Scar Serum, subcision, ematrix RF, and fillers to reduce the atrophic scarring on the nose. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Nasal scars

Thanks for your question. The pictures are excellent. There are at least two options for you. Firstly, you can have a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist inject saline under the scar as a test. If the depression rises, then filler can be injected. This may be the best first option. A second option is to excise the depression and trade a depression for a fine line. This is a form of scar revision. Best of luck from NYC.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Scar

Hello and thank you for your question. Anything you do will be trading one scar for a different and hopefully better scar. One option would be to excise the area and have it closed without tension. The final scar may be a fine line scar that may be less noticeable than the current area on your nose. Best WishesTheodore T. Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician