Best treatment options for atrophic nasal tip scarring caused by electrocautery? (Photoss)

A little over one year ago a surgeon cauterized two cherry angiomas from my nose and I have been left with atrophic scars in their place. I looked into dermabrasion but have read it's not an appropriate option for burn scars. Would my scarring be categorized as a type of burn scar since it's the result of cautery? What are my treatment options? I have attached some photos of the two scars from various angles and in different lighting.

Doctor Answers 3

Atrophic acne scars on the nose

I would suggest Plato's Scar Serum, subcision, ematrix RF, and fillers to reduce the atrophic scarring on the nose. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Nasal scars

Thanks for your question. The pictures are excellent. There are at least two options for you. Firstly, you can have a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist inject saline under the scar as a test. If the depression rises, then filler can be injected. This may be the best first option. A second option is to excise the depression and trade a depression for a fine line. This is a form of scar revision. Best of luck from NYC.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 39 reviews


Hello and thank you for your question. Anything you do will be trading one scar for a different and hopefully better scar. One option would be to excise the area and have it closed without tension. The final scar may be a fine line scar that may be less noticeable than the current area on your nose. Best WishesTheodore T. Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician
4.9 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.