I have acne scarring. Which treatment would be best for me? (Photo)

I have many ice pick scars & enlarged pores in the center of my face. I have larger boxcar scars on the sides of my face.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I suggest a formal consultation as acne scarring requires a combination approach for the best results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scars and Dark Skin

I would recommend the eMatrix laser for your acne scars.  It will take several treatments to improve these scars but it will gradually improve over time.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Lasers for acne scars

I think the PicoSure laser would be most effective for your scars and enlarged pores. The PicoSure laser is gentle on your skin, with minimal discomfort or downtime after treatments. PicoSure works by sending ultra-short pulses of laser energy into the outer and inner skin layers. This helps dermatologists effectively treat the outer skin, while the laser also stimulates collagen and elastin production within the inner skin layers. The PicoSure laser can be used to help treat acne scars through the following:
  • Reduce damaged and scarred skin
  • Reduce dark spots
  • Shrink glands that produce oil
  • Encourage collagen and elastin production
If you are interested, please schedule an in-person consultation with your dermatologist for learn more about PicoSure. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD