Are there any alternatives to accutane to stop acne/acne scarring? (Photos)

I'm a 29 yrs old female. I've been on and off bcp+ sprio over the past 5 years due to hormonal imbalances! My dermatologist recommend to take both bcp and spironolactone 100mg again. It's been 8 months my skin has cleared but its still breaking out leaving behind boxcar scars. I have struggled in the past 5 years to have a clear flawless skin. Is there any alternatives to accutane? For example laser treatments that could clear out the skin? Please advice

Yes, many methods to improve acne scars and treat acne

Yes, for tablets and creams you should see a medical dermatologist. Whole combination of anti-hormones and topical vitamin A etc... one can use. From a laser point of view, I often use IPL in the blue spectrum, combined with low fluence V Beam laser. This works very well, however, its only treats the outbreaks (pimples, zits). Symptoms relief but it does work. Other treatments include ALA or PDT with Blue and Red light. All the best, Dr Davin Lim Laser dermatologist 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Hidef Acne Scar Proocol in Los Angeles uses fractional lasers, RF, and Yag laser

Absolutely. You are an excellent candidate for our Hidef Acne Scar Protocol which includes fractional lasers, fractional RF, skin tightening, Yag laser, light chemical peels, subcision, and fillers. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS