Do topical peptides have any long term benefit?

Long term benefits from peptides?

I don't believe there are any long term studies. Probably mainly 3-6 months is the longest. Retin A is the best long term treatment for skin and there are extensive studies over years regarding its benefits. Results from RF, lasers, and chemical peels will be more noticeable and better than peptides IMO.

Long term benefits from peptides?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The Key to Facial Rejuvenation

You can still get better and longer lasting facial rejuvenation with lasers or RF, sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp and in addition to skin care. I suggest speaking to a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon about the results you want.  Best, Dr. Emer.

The Key to Facial Rejuvenation

Do topical peptides have any long-term benefit?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Because of the lack of evidence for peptide use I would advise spending your money on more proven therapies such as Retin-A, Botox, and dermal fillers. Hope this helps. 

Peptide treatment

I am a believer in topical peptides as a tool to help rejuvenate skin, especially- in addition to retin-A or retinols which have proven long term benefit.  I do believe they have a role in addition to other skin treatments.  

Peptide treatment

Topical Skin Rejuvenation

Dear camcon:

Properly formulated topicals can be very effective in remodeling the skin and preventing sun damage. But for every effective formulation there are probably 10,000 that do nothing more than temporarily moisturizer the skin. Agents with a large body of scientific data include retinoids, glycolic acid, vitamin C, growth factors, green tea polyphenols, caffeine, coffee berry, and Alastin.  Often, concentration and pH can be critical to efficacy.  It is best to ask your dermatologist as most of us have devoted ourselves to researching the best formulations.

All the best,   Dr. Clark 

Topical Skin Rejuvenation

Dear camcon:

All the best,   Dr. Clark