Can I use Hydroquinone long term?

I've heard about ochronosis and skin getting used to hydroquinone but I know people who have used obagi for years without stopping, with no problems.

Hydroquinone use for long periods of time

This is a controversial subject. There is sometimes a rebound problem when stopping the product. Ochronisis is usually seen in patients that overuse the product and not at the recommended levels. Also, there is a theoretic risk of cancer associated with hydroquinones although no one has shown this to be true in humans. Please see my link. Obagi now recommends only temporary use of the product with cycling it off and on.