Can I do Dermasanding every 8-12 weeks in between?

Could you also please tell me if dermasanding will be effective for boxscar and rolling-type scars? I'm planning to apply Avene's Cicalfate Repair Cream after the procedure, and for the next couple of days and weeks to keep the dermasanded areas moist.

Boxcar and rolling scars

Acne scars are treated differently depending on their appearance and structure. A variety of treatments can be performed to remodel most scars from energy-based lasers and radiofrequency devices to mechanical disruption of the scar with microneedling. Specficially, deep wide scars such as boxcar and rolling scars can also be released and filled in with subcision and fillers (Bellafill). Ice-pick (thin, deep) scars are best treated by excising them completely. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee MD Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Acne scarring requires a combination approach. Fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars. Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone. Lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Sublative or Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. I suggest consulting with a board certified dermatologist for further assessment. Dermasanding does very little. Best, Dr. Emer

Ematrix RF and Hidef Acne Scar Protocol in Los Angeles

I would begin with our Hidef Acne scar protocol which includes lasers, subcision, fractional RF, and Ematrix RF combined with fillers. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS