Any suggestions for my Acne scar?

I'm 19yrs old female,,I'm having boxcar scars,,,will it disappear by time,,,,if not wat are the treatments should I go for????

Hidef Acne Scar Protocol in Los Angeles

Our Hidef Acne Scar Protocol involves combination treatments with Ematrix RF, Clear and Brilliant laser, Melarase creams, light chemical peels, subcision, TCA Cross, and micro needling. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
#Realself100 Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Acne scarring requires a combination of lasers, fillers, subcision, TCA cross. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist with expertise in lasers and scarring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Boxcar acne scars

I like to treat acne scars with the Infini. After a few treatments, Bellafill can be used to fill in the deeper scars. If they are fresh, a vascular laser such as VBeam, Excel V, or Gold Toning handpiece from the Spectra laser. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Subcision--With Or Without The Addition Of A Lifting Filler--Works Well For Elevating Boxcar Scars

Photos would have been helpful. But, in general, boxcar scars can be elevated via subcision with our without the addition of a filler. My favorite for this in my Upper East Side Manhattan office is Restylane Lyft and in my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers are available, is Hyaluronic 2. Any remaining surface tone and texture irregularities may be treated with fractional microneedle resurfacing. Topical medications, either OTC or prescription, are unlikely to be of any help. Silicone scar patches and topical scar treatments are likewise of little value. Fraxel laser or radiofrequency treatments are often also hyped for this, however, the results of these relatively expensive approaches tend to be variable, subtle or downright disappointing and in my experience have proven to be far more supported by device manufacturer backed marketing hype than hard science. Your best bet is to seek consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician with expertise and experience in all forms of scar treatments.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Acne Scars and Best Treatment

I would love if you could post your photos so that I can see the type of scars that you have.  If you have box car scars you may need a combination of punch grafts, lasers, and injections to improve the appearance.  Please consult a specialist to have the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Boxcar scars

Nothing you buy over-the-counter like creams, gels or special lights will fix boxcar scars.  And there is no home remedy that you can do yourself that will fix boxcar scars, either.Thankfully there are some great treatments that, in combination, improve the appearance of boxcar scars but you have to be seen in a doctor's office.  Seek out a dermatologist with experience treating this problem.  Be well. 

Estee Williams, MD

Acne Scar Treatment

Thank you for your question.  Acne scars are unlikely to go away on their own.  There are a number of treatments available to improve their appearance-microneedling, chemical peels, PRP, laser therapy, subcision, and filler.  Often a combination of treatments is required.  Without examining your scar it is difficult to make treatment recommendations, but in my practice I most often use fractional resurfacing lasers with PRP.  I recommend that you see a board-certified dermatologist in your area to discuss all your options.Good Luck!Dr. Shah

Sejal Shah, MD