What's the best way to get rid of small holes on my face from acne I used to have?

My face is fairly clear right now, the only problem I have is the small holes on my face from the acne I had. They aren't very deep and they aren't big. I want to do as most as I can to get rid of them before I make an appointment to go to a dermatologist. I wash my face once in the morning and once before I go to bed, and I moisturize each time I do. I use the face wash cerave that I was recommended by my dermatologist and the acne I had before cleared up from it.

TCA CROSS Using Either High Concentration TCA Or Phenol Works Well For Pit (Ice Pick) Scars

Without a photo, it is really hard to give more specific direction. However, if indeed the small holes you refer to are acne-induced ice pick (pit) scars, the TCA CROSS Technique, employing either the original TCA in concentrations between 90-100% (hence the name of the technique) or more recently also high concentration 88% phenol, can be a quick and easy way of making these holes smaller and less apparent. 

If the holes are actually more like shallow, rolling scars, then perhaps medical microneedling might be the way to go. 

You would do well to seek consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in acne scar treatments. 

Solutions for Small Acne Scars

This is hard to answer without a picture. Acne scars can be improved with a combination of lasers, chemical peels, microneedling/prp, and fillers. I recommend seeing an expert in acne scarring. Best, Dr. Emer

Acne Scars

Depending on the level of the acne scars, chemical peels, microneedling, lasers such as eMatrix, and Fraxel laser, and filler are all excellent treatment options.  Special care must be taken to have the treatment tailored to your skin type and prescribe the correct topical treatments in combination with your medical procedures. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne scars for the best cosmetic results and the best treatment plan.