How can I get get rid of acne?

Get Rid of Acne

Just as there are many factors that contribute to the appearance of acne, there are also numerous treatment options available for controlling it. Through the use of facials, chemical peels, laser therapy, and oral medications, nearly all cases of acne can be treated. Which technique (or techniques) are most effective will largely depend on the individual needs of the patient. For best results, consult a licensed dermatologist who specializes in acne treatment.

Fenton Dermatologist

Getting rid of acne?

Acne is a hard problem to treat, let alone cure. It needs a multifacetedĀ approach using topicals, peels, and lasers for best results. Darker skin types can be lasered, so Infini is an alternative. I prefer to stay away from antibiotics long term as well as Accutane, but other doctors use these too. Please see a Dermatologist or acne specialist for best results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne treatments

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, there is no cure for acne, but there are several different treatment options available. Acne treatments are based on the type of acne and skin type you have. Treatments include oral antibiotics, medicated creams and ointments, Accutane, or cosmetic procedures such as peels, laser treatments, or facials. In my experience, I found a combination therapy of oral antibiotics and topical medications to be effective in treating mild to moderate acne. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD