Best Acne Scar Treatment for Asian Guys?

I am an Asian with fairly tan complexion. I would guess maybe a 4 on the fitzpatrick scale. I'm not sure what to classify these scars as, but what would you say are my best options? Also, are there any non-surgical/low-cost treatments that I can do in the meantime?

Doctor Answers 1

Acne scar treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are a few options that would likely be beneficial for your acne scars. They include saline subcision, the TCA cross method for depressed acne scars, chemical or laser resurfacing, fillers and dermabrasion. You ought to consult in person with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist with experience treating acne scars, to review your options in detail. If you were my patient, I would probably recommend starting with saline subcision.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.