Vertical lip lines and acne scars around mouth. Is there another option than microneedling to treat this?

I have four deep lines above my top lip and some small lines around my mouth. I also have some small acne scars around my mouth and chin. I have had four out of six microneedling sessions, which has cost me £900. I am disappointed that so far I can't see any improvement. Is there another option to treat this area alone?

Vertical Lip Lines and Treatments

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A combination of lasers such as Fraxel and eMatrix will improve these lines and fillers such as Belotero or Restylane silk.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Lipstick (Bar Code) Lines Around The Mouth Respond Well To Botox & Fillers

I have been successfully treating the vertical lines (aka "smoker's lines, lipstick bleeding lines, and bar code lines--whether deep and shallow, or long and short) for nearly three decades using muscle relaxers, such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin, and fillers (my favorite these days for this being Belotero Balance). The Botox softens the muscular overativity of the muscles surrounding the mouth that lead to their development and the filler smooths out the lines that have already formed. Both treatments can usually be done together in a matter of minutes in experienced hands with gratifying results.

As an aside, I am sorry that you were disappointed with medical microneedling, which, in general, I have found is best for helping to blend surface tone and texture problems, rather than for treating deeper wrinkles. Results also often depend, among other things, on such factors as the skill and expertise of the person performing the procedure and the depth of the needles used.

I am not much of a fan of fraxels, IPLs, and radiofrequency devices; these tend to be expensive approaches and often yield variable and inconsistent results, even after several treatment sessions. 

Best to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in the nonsurgical treatment of this cosmetically very important region. Best of luck to you.

Lip Lines -- Fraxel/Co2 Laser, Deep Peel, Fillers, Botox, Microneedling

Yes lasers, fillers and ultherapy can help the lines around and above the lips.           Best, Dr. Emer.