Fillers to reduce acne scars?

what fillers are best to reduce old acne scars and scars that looks like holes? im 25 and suffered from acne in my teens. i now have many scars, some are deep. will fillers to these scars be permanent and make the skin build collagen? i heard that it can be semi permanent if done many times although i do know fillers only last max 1 year in lips f.ex

Bellaflil

Bellafil is a long term filer that lasts at least 5 years and is approved by the FDA for acne scars.cIt works better on larger scars after sub icon or the release of scars with a larger bore needle to develop a pocket for the placement of Bellaflil.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Bellafill in the US, Volbella in Australia for atrophic scars

A picture will be helpful. Some scars only need fillers, other scars require a combination of filling and subcision. 

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Best Filler for Acne Scars

Treatment recommendations vary depending on the type of acne scar (see diagram in link below).  For most patients, a combination of therapies may need to be utilized to achieve optimum correction.  Bellafill is one of the best long term fillers when used to treat rolling type acne scars.  It has already been FDA approved for lasting at least 5 years in the treated areas.  Preliminary studies indicate it may last 10 years.  

Please visit a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specifically specializes in treating scars and acne. 

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

#acnescars, #acne, #Bellafill, #Voluma, #Volift, #Vobella, #Juvederm, #Restylane, #RestylaneLyft, #RestylaneSilk, #Belotero, #Radiesse, #Sculptra, #Suneva, #Allergan, #Galderma, #RefreshDermatology

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I suggest a combination approach for acne scars including subcision, lasers, and fillers. We use bellafill, sculptra and other long term fillers but HA fillers can be used.  Best, Dr. Ener.

Fillers for "hole type" scars

In my opinion, the treatment of acne scars depends upon the type of scar. For ice pick and acne pits, TCA cross, ablative and non-ablative lasers, and microneedle radiofrequency "infini" are my treatment of choice. If the base of the scar cannot be lifted by stretching the skin, fillers usually  will not help. You should look for a doctor who has experience in treating acne scars. Ask to see photos of patients. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Best filler for acne scars is Bellafill

Bellafill is the only FDA approved filler for acne scars. It will lead to permanent correction of the scar. It is usually done in 2 treatments. A syringe will cover about 8 scars which are rolling type and distensible (become flat when spread). I also like using Infini for acne scars.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fillers for Acne Scars

I have found that a combination of fillers and lasers can best treat this type of acne scars.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with scars and acne for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green