Will Cellulite treatment combined with workout give better results?

I've been workingout for losing weight & making my jiggly legs to be firmed. I saw the results but it takes alots of time. So I've been depressed... So i decided to get some treatment to boost my workout effort. I strongly believe that having only treatment without dieting and workingout can't reach the results people wanted. (except liposuction or cellulaze ) So I want advice for cellulite or fat treatment will help my workout worth. * Do not recommend Liposuction or Cellulaze.

Diet and Exercise are the basics for Cellulite. Other options are helpful.

Dear Sunshine:

Also known as cottage cheese, orange peel syndrome and other names, Cellulite sounds like a medical condition.

What is Cellulite:
Cellulite is nothing more than a superficial layer of normal fat cells beneath the skin. The fat appears bumpy and irregular because it is trapped between a skin ceiling, a tough unyielding fibrous floor and thin fiber walls. Any swelling or reduction in the metabolic fat will inflate or deflate its appearance on the skin. Like a parachute, more or less air will create dimples and pulls on the silk chute. A thicker skin such as those of black, Mediterranean, Asian, Indian and other origins will resist the irregularities of the skin. A thinner northern European skin will more easily show the pucker, dimpling, hollows and bulges.

Where does Cellulite occur?
Cellulite is found on the thighs, hips, buttocks, breasts, lower abdomen and upper arms where the skin tends to be thinner and more lax.
Who gets Cellulite?
Cellulite occurs in 80-90% of post-adolescent femalesbut also found is men with a high estrogen to testosterone balance. If other members in your family have this skin texture irregularity, there's a good chance you will too.
What causes Cellulite?
Now that we understand the structure of cellulite, we can better understand what causes it.
Any factor that causes the fat cells within its confined space to bulge or contract; or the walls, ceiling and floor of the fat compartment to loosen or tighten will affect cellulite.
Your lifestyle is the most adjustable factor in controlling cellulite. The basics include: exercise and proper weight control including a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and fiber.

• Diet: inadequate protein, fat and carbohydrate balance can affect fat cell growth and inflammation.
  • Activity: the skin, fat and structural grid which holds the tissues together are very responsive to the physical exercise you perform.
  • Metabolism and Hormones: These factors directly affect the response of the fat and structure of your skin as well.
  • oEstrogen may be the important hormone to initiate and aggravate cellulite Other hormones, including insulin, thyroid hormone and prolactin may be factors in the development of cellulite.
  • oA high-stress lifestyle will cause an increase in the level of catecholamines.
  • Hydration or lack of proper water intake will cause the sponginess of the skin to be more or less resistant to the changes occurring in the fat cell / fibrous compartment.
  • Total body fat
oHaving cellulite doesn't mean you are overweight. Even thin people can have it. If you are overweight, however, losing weight may reduce cellulite. Weight gain can make cellulite more noticeable, but some lean people have cellulite, as well.
  • Thickness and color of your skin
  • oCellulite is much more common in white women than patients of deeper colors. Cellulite is also more common with aging, when the skin loses some of its elasticity.
  • Pregnancy is a combination of the above factors which may create cellulite.

Cellulite isn't harmful. It is unsightly and many people would like to get rid of it because it makes you self-conscious about wearing shorts or a swimming suit.

What is available to help Cellulite?
Unfortunately, Cellulite is not “curable” but there are improving steps beyond the lifestyle controls above to improve its appearance.

There are many cellulite treatment available. These include massages, cellulite creams, lasers and light therapies. Advertisers promise remarkable results but most of these products and services don't live up to their claims.
Liposuction.This is a surgical procedure to remove fat deposits from the body. Liposuction, though, removes deep fat, not cellulite, which is just beneath the skin. Liposuction may actually worsen the appearance of cellulite by creating more depressions and laxity by deflating the volume of the skin.
Mesotherapy.Mesotherapy involves injecting a cocktail of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and enzymes into the fat layers. Mesotherapy has been banned in much of the US due to improper use and non-FDA approval. It may also create more problems than it solves due to swelling, infection, and irregular contours.
Massage and Suction / Roller Therapies.These treatments may have a short-lived effect on the dimpling appearance of skin. They do not remove cellulite. They act by increasing circulation and massaging out fluid excess.
Laser, Light, Radio Frequency and Ultrasound treatments.Many generations of devices have been FDA approved for use in skin conditioning. Those that pass through the skin, focus on different layers of the tissues to cause heat and or inflammation. This “controlled inflammation” “heals” by producing scar, ie. collagen to plump, shrink and otherwise improve the deficiencies we perceive in our skin and fat. The latest minimally invasive procedures will pass under the skin to divide the fiber walls and destroy the superficial fat cells. Results are as lasting as the degree of inflammatory healing and peak at 3 to 6 months.

Topical Retin-A, retinols: Topical treatments: These products directly stimulate skin cell activity, function and productivity of a more youthful and more resistant skin structure. More collagen, more elastin, more GAG’s (the protein-sugar molecules) useful in a smoother textured skin. With the combination of mid-depth dermal lasers, we are visualizing greater improvements.
Are there any other less invasive and costly options for Cellulite?
Tanners: Visual improvement of Cellulite can be less noticeable on darker skin. If you have light skin and plan to be out in a bathing suit or short shorts, applying a self-tanner may make the bumps and dimples on your thighs less noticeable.
Vigorous Massage: Scrubs and lymphatic massages may remove toxins and reduce excess fluid in Cellulite areas. They also stimulate “controlled inflammation” to a smaller degree. These are helpful when you consider all of the options above. I hope this is helpful!Sincerely,Dean Kane, MD

Treatment + Exercise?

Unfortunately exercise has little effect on the appearance of cellulite.  It may reduce it somewhat, but true cellulite will need to be treated clinically.

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your good question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Always lead a healthy lifestyle!

Your cellulite treatment will take a few weeks to months to see your final result. Please be patient, and continue to wear your compression garment. It is important to always lead a healthy lifestyle before and after your Cellulaze treatment. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite treatment recommendation

Exercise is definitely a good thing, so you do not want to stop, doctors have been trying to come up with a cellulite solution for years, little information is known but one thing for sure it's genetics.

Most people relate cellulite to weight gain or being overweight, that’s not necessarily true, there are various severity of this condition and they are all based on the underlying connective tissues. The ripple effect and dimples come from the tightening of the connective tissue called anchors, the so called anchors hold the upper layer of skin down causing the visual grooves and valleys we dislike so much. The severity is based on how many anchors there are. A perfectly proportioned woman can still suffer from severe cellulite.

Don't beat yourself up too much about it, We have tried non-invasive treatments such as topical creams, laser treatments and a host of other procedures to treat cellulite, but the only real way to eliminate it is by loosening the connective tissue “anchors” and gently filling the valleys or indentation with fat”. It is a proprietary technique. 

Keep up the good work with diet and exercise, this is not something you can just help overnight and honestly no current treatment out there is permanent or completely gets rid of cellulite besides the one mentioned above. Ask a reputable cosmetic surgeon in your area if they are familiar with this. 

H. George Brennan, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite and treatments

Diet and exercise alone cannot treat cellulite because the reason for cellulite is multifactorial.  Genetics play a strong influence on cellulite.  I have seen great results for cellulite with the new universal tip from Thermage with CPT technology.  I think it is the simplest, painless procedure that you can undergo with the best results.

Cellulite diet and exercise

Proper diet and exercise will help to maintain good health and usually prevent weight gain.
The weight gain may negate the total benefits achieved by lipo sculpture or cellulite treatment. I have not seen any exercise or diet regimen which will improve the treatment of cellulite.  My patients who have lost weight after liposuction often have dramatically improved their outcomes.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS