Have noticed smile lines that are still there when my face is relaxed. How do I fix this? (photo)

I am 28 years old and feel as though my skin is aging fast. Don't know if this has anything to do with washing my face twice a day or the fact that I wash my face in the shower under the water facet. I always wear sunscreen and moisturizer and no foundation

Smile lines.

You are young and your skin looks great.  A retinol would do wonders to soften those wrinkles and keep your skin health.  Sunscreen too!

Cedar Park Family Physician

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Some people have low facial volume and need fillers or implants, fat or sculptra.  Please see an expert to evaluate your face for the best options. Best,  Dr. Emer.

Improving smile lines

I would treat these with a dermal filler. It is a very easy fix and results are immediate. The duration of correction is about a year. See an experienced injector.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Have noticed my smile lines are still there when my face is relaxed. How do I fix this?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Smiles lines develop as a result of animation of the lips and do not necessarily reflect aging.  Depending on your desired appearance treatment can be pursued with a hyaluronic acid based filler, such as Juvederm, to help smooth the transition from your cheek to lip.  Be sure to keep up your skincare regimen and see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for filler injections. Best wishes.

Filler for Smile Lines

Deeper nasolabial folds (or smile lines) are not always a sign of ageing, some people are genetically predisposed to deeper lines in this area even at a young age. That being said, filler is the solution for softening these lines. I prefer to use a hyaluronic acid filler in this area for several reasons: first, it is the best way to achieve the most natural result; second, the filler actually stimulates the production of collagen which will make your lines naturally less prominent over time; and third, if for some reason you are unhappy with result, it can be reversed using hyaluronidase, which breaks down hyaluronic acid. This procedure involves very minimal discomfort and no downtime and will last around 4-6 months, depending on the individual. 

Dennis Gross, MD