i was playing hockey and got hit with the puck in the forehead leaving a star shaped gash that needed 16 stitches and its still really bumpy and noticable, what can i do to fix this?????
Hockey Puck Gash on Forehead. Options to Fix?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 2
Wound care to get the best scar
Dear Shattler, Sorry to hear about the puck to your forehead. You can start off with the following:
- If there is crusting around the cuts edges, these should be cleaned off with mild soap and water.
- After the sutures have been removed, use antibiotic ointment only sparingly and only on the raw areas
- keep the area covered until the raw areas have healed.
- For the next year or so, you will need to wear sunscreen everyday, especially if you head to Banff here the UV rays are intense.
Seek a consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon (try Dr. Chris Doherty at Univ. of Calgary after a few months.
- Dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, or scar revision are possible.
Best of luck