I have a huge keloid in my nose! What can I do? (Photo)

I have a keloid in my nose dude to my piercing I took it out and put tea tree oil and used sea salt and it doesn't go away what can I do?

Doctor Answers 4

Keloid removal in Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You may need the keloid to be removed with surgery. I would massage with Plato's Scar Serum and consult for removal. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Keloids/Hypertrophic Scar -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser, microneedling/PRP, surgical removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This needs to be evaluated in person. It can be removed surgically and/or with combination treatment. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for your question. There are many ways to treat hypertrophic scars. If it is in an area that is noticeable you may be able to treat it with a steroid injection. Another alternative would be to excise the lesion and close it. Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Keloid Inside Nostril

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on the limited photos here, it appears that the keloid may be causing some obstruction of breathing through the nostril.  You will likely need to have this surgical removed followed by focused treatments to prevent it from recurring.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  

Kimberly Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.