What is the best treatment and cost for "smoker's lines" on my upper lip?

I don't smoke and nev er have, but my mother had them too. These lines on my upper lip are very aging. I am 45, have had them for at least 10 years and they are getting deeper.

A combination approach often works best for smoker’s lines.

Mild smoker’s lines often respond to a simple laser resurfacing, although other treatments, such as chemical peels, can help improve the appearance of fine lines as well, or can be scheduled as regular maintenance to further enhance the initial results of the laser resurfacing. For deeper lines, dermal fillers (sometimes in combination with BOTOX®) can help too. I have personally found that combining these options is typically the best approach, since the lines around your mouth may not be uniform, and some may respond better to one type of treatment rather than another.

Treament of Vertical Upper Lip ("Smoker's) Lines

Vertical upper lip lines are typically treatment with two types of treatment.  For deep wrinkles, dermal fillers like Restylane and Juvederm are used to fill in and smooth these deep crevices.  For shallower fine lines, laser resurfacing is an excellent option to smooth and tighten the upper lip area, as well as the entire face.

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for "smoker's lines" on upper lip

Smokers lines or vertical lines on the lips are a very common complaint- even if you've never been a smoker some people are just prone to developing these lines.
There are a few things you can do to diminish these lines:  First off, some people see softening of the lines with just a small amount of Botox injected into the areas.  This will help relax that muscle that circles the mouth and causes those lines.  This alone, however, will not get rid of the lines.
The second treatment option would be a dermal filler like Restylane or Belotero.  These can really smooth the lines out and give great results for about 6 months (sometimes less depending on your metabolism and amount of movement around your mouth). 
Another treatment option would be a resurfacing laser (like fractionated CO2 laser). 
To start, I would consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to formulate a plan tailored to your particular needs. 

Upper Lip Wrinkles

There are variety of methods to decrease upper lip wrinkles.  Some of the options are Botox or Dysport to decrease the lines that are cause by the lip muscles.  Other treatments are surgical dermabrasion, chemical peels, Sublative RF treatments, laser resurfacing or using dermal fillers.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon