Can I get rid of wrinkles caused by minoxidil?

Reducing the appearance of wrinkles (caused by Minoxidil.)

Minoxidil isn't known to cause wrinkles however there are many treatments available to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

At our practice we recommend a broad range of lasers, microneedling and chemical peels in a comprehensive treatment plan to suit each patient's unique skin condition and concerns.  Home care regimens are designed and customized to fit the patient's lifestyle and budget.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Hmmm...Minoxidil and Wrinkles?--Sculptra, RF, Microneedling/prp, Kybella, Ultherapy

Minoxidil doesn't predispose someone to or cause wrinkles. I find that a combination of lasers or RF, sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp and skin care help the skin rejuvenation and prevent aging. Kybella, Ultherapy and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) would be non-invasive options that would do well in combination for skin tightening.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist for a long term treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Can I get rid of wrinkles caused by Minoxidil?

Thank you for sharing your question.  I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to diagnose the cause of the wrinkling and to discuss the best treatment plan.  Minoxidil is not a medication that predisposes patient's to wrinkles.  Hope this helps.

Wrinkles caused by Minoxidil? I think not.

Often, the development of one problem occurs at a time when one starts a new medication or activity.  Naturally, people assume that one is the cause of the other due to the timing commonality. 

In this case, minoxidil use and wrinkles seem to have developed at the same time. Minoxidil has not been shown to cause wrinkles and has been widely used. 

In any case, there are MANY treatments for wrinkles. Many factors need be considered before choosing a treatment, including where the wrinkles are, how deep, the age of the patient, and the color of the patient's skin. I recommend seeing a physician who specializes in wrinkle treatments, such as a Plastic Surgeon, a Surgical Dermatologist, or a Facial Plastic Surgeon to assist you.

good luck

drbader

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon