What Would Be the Best Way to Remove an Old Cut Scar Mark? (photo)

Hello, I have two old scar mark on my forehead ( hit my forehead on the floor) since childhood and I'm trying now to either remove them completely or at least minimize them by at least 80%. I'm 20 years old now and my derm recommended fraxel to be used to smooth the scars but it would only improve them by like 60% ( 3 -6 treatment are required), so I was wondering if fraxel is indeed the best choice for me because I want to get the best results. Is there any thing better than laser could be used

Doctor Answers 2

Excision by a plastic surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

looking at the photograph, is hard to tell if Fraxel or an excision by a plastic surgeon would improve your scar the most. I would see a plastic surgeon for an opinion, and possibly dermatologist performs Fraxel for his or h his or her opinion.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Repairing a forehead scar in Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This scar may benefit partially from laser therapy, but the best option may be surgical excision of the scar with layered closure. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.