Are there any other ideas out there regarding this keloid? I have no idea where it came from (Photo)

When I first noticed this black, raised spot on my thigh I went to the dermatologist who then told me it was a keloid scar. I asked if I can get it removed as I feel uncomfortable in shorts and I was advised to leave it alone so it will not grow back worse. I have been applying "kelocote" to it daily for a few weeks and have not noticed a big difference. It is extremely painful when hit on something and I'm all out of ideas.

Dark scar on the legs

If the scar does not resolve, you may consider an alternate surgical therapy with biopsy. This may represent a mole or a dermatofibroma. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raised Scars/Keloids/Hypertrophic Scar -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser, microneedling/PRP, surgery

Keloids and other scars respond best to combination therapy including lasers, steroids, micro needling. It may also need subcision. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer