Red Burn Spots On Face From Grease. Options? (photo)

Sprayed in the Face with a Grease Remover for the Stove and Now my Face Burns and Has Red Spots All over It. How Can I Treat It? face

Doctor Answers 2

Pulsed dye laser for burn scars

Early treatment with pulsed dye laser and Melaquin PM to avoid hyperpigmentation will work excellently on these scars. 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Go See your Dermatologist

It is too bad that 3 days have past, because a light mild cortisone cream to the face could have speeded up the healing process.  It is hard to tell from your photos, but these appear to be rather superficial in nature.  You need to be examined by a dermatologist.  Stay out of the sun!  The sun is not your friend here.  Make sure that you use an SPF of 30 or higher every day.  See a dermatologist if it has not improved as of now.  There is a condition know as post inflammatory hyperpigmenation (PIH).  Usually that will improve over the next 12 weeks.  The bottom line is....see a board certified dermatologist.


Jay S. Gottlieb, DO
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.