Seeking Opinions on Revising or Improving a Stretched and Sunken Scar in the Nasolabial Area? (photo)

I've experienced minor trauma (of a stretching/tension induced nature) to the cheek area resulting in a crease/sunken scar/stretch mark in the nasolabial area & puffiness in the adjacent moustache area where the soft issue appears to have descended/tethered. Any opinions on how this might be improved? I prefer an approach that doesn't involve use of facial fillers or fat transfer as I understand some people react adversely to fillers/fat & prefer low/no maintenance if possible. Thank you.

Belotero and fractional co2 for nasolabial fold lines and scars

Belotero facial filler and fractional co2 laser will work well to remedy the scarring and improve contour.  I use Belotero and believe it is a very good alternative to other fillers.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Scar treatments

Two approaches that may help improve this scar would be fractional laser resurfacing and actually re-excising the scar.  Because the scar is along a relaxed skin tension line, re-excising and suturing it may minimize it to a fine line.

Fractional laser resurfacing can improve this scar but will most likely require several treatment sessions.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar treatments

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon