Best non invasive treatment for small hyperpigmented scars 12 months old?

I have small scars on my body from liposuction inscions that despite my efforts to protect from the sun look darker than surrounding skin.What would be effective in treating them. I am fair skinned. Micro needling, microdermabrasion, fraxel, skin lightening creams? I would like to do the least invasive but most effective treatment.

Hyperpigmented scars and Melarase creams

I would begin with application of Melapads, Plato's Scar Serum, and Melarase creams to help lighten the hyper pigmented scars. Depending on how deep the pigment is, the process may take months of use. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Hyperpigmentation On Face/Body -- Clear + Brilliant/Viva, Microneelding/PRP, Skin lightening/Peels, Aerolase, Pico Laser

There are many options including lasers, peels, skin care and sunprotection. I suggest posting photos and seeing an expert in lasers and hyperpigmentation. Best, Dr. Emer

Scar improvement

Scars continue to mature and improve over a year. If you are still in this remodeling phase, you can continue treating your liposuction scars with various methods. Topical options include silicone-based strips or gels and hydroquinone bleaching cream to lighten the scar. Microneedling, fractionated laser, and radiofrequency make microscopic holes in the scar to stimulate your body to remodel and fill in the scar with new collagen but may not make the color better. Intense Pulsed Light therapy can also be used to help remove pigment but for the best and safest treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination to determine your exact skin type. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD
Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Pigmented scar treatment with laser

I often treat post surgical scars with Fraxel. Great for texture and pigmentation improvement. Microdermabrasion will not be helpful. Microneedling will help with texture more than pigment. Skin lightening creams may help but will require your patience.