Is Smartlipo MPX right for me? I want a ripped muscular physique. Considering chest, upper and lower abdomen and flanks (Photo)

I am a 35 years old, have lost 100lbs over two years and currently weigh 180lbs (15% BF). I work out 5 times a week. I have consulted a leading plastic surgeon specialising in Smartlipo MPX and Triplex in the UK and he has suggested Smartlipo MPX because I do not have very large amounts of fat that need removing and need skin tightening. Looking at my photos how many CCs do you think I can hope for and is a ripped physique (6 pack, seratus muscles, chizzled chest) achievable months post op?

A "Ripped Muscular Physique" Requires More Than SmartLipo MPX

Your question demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to be "ripped".  Conventionally, when people ascribe the term "ripped" to an individual, they are describing a situation in which the subject has relatively tight skin covering muscles that are hypertrophied, toned and very well defined. By necessity, this implies that the subcutaneous layer of fat covering these muscles is thin enough to allow their outline to be seen, and that the overlying skin is not loose or redundant.    

You state that you currently have 15% body fat. While this would be a low figure for a woman, in men, features like "6 pack abs" do not become visible until the percentage body fat is 10 or less.  You state that you now weigh 180 lbs, but without knowing your height, this figure is difficult to interpret. Additionally, your recent hundred pound weight loss has left your skin somewhat loose, and a treatment with Smartlipo MPX will most likely not be sufficient to address this issue.  

However, given that you have set yourself such lofty goals, I suggest that you save your money for the time being, and instead set your sites on lowering your percentage body fat to a range where such definition may come into view, usually somewhere between 8-12%, although, I would recommend you shoot for the lower end of this spectrum.  This will be much more a function of your diet regimen, than specific exercise per se. Although the two can be synergistic, people tend to overrate the importance of exercise and underrate the effect of diet on your physique.  

Once you have hit your mark for percentage body fat, it will be an appropriate time for you to discuss surgical approaches to assist you to reach your ultimate goal.  You are just not there yet.

Smartlipo.

Yes you are a great candidate with minimal fat, great skin and underlying muscle.  Aggressive liposuction can show your underlying musculature even more!

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

You need to be realistic in your expectations

Smartlipo will be a good choice for you since you are already super buff.
Smartlipo can allow small amounts of fat to be removed, which is all you 
have. 
it should also be able to prevent you having uneveness after Smartlipo.

however, you need to realize that doctors offering "body sculpting" from 
liposuction, are legends in their own minds. 
we can decrease fat but we are not sculptors and you are not a block of marble.

i think you may get a small improvement but the PS cannot chisel your physique
like i think you are hoping for.

be realistic and you should be happy with your results.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo definition

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to say, but I do not think you should expect amazing results as you are describing. You seem to be very fit, and w/ your weight loss, you just have excess skin in the lower abdomen. No laser treatment, including Smartlipo, can fix that degree of excess. You would need to consider tummy tuck. Just my opinion by photo, and I do wish you luck if you decide to go ahead and try the Smartlipo as planned. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with or without tummy tuck

Its hard to tell if you have loose skin on your lower stomach but if you do you will need skin removal.  You are a GREAT HI DEF VASER candidate but need to go to someone very well trained to get the contouring you are looking for.  Please get a formal consultation by a 4D vaser hi def trained physician and someone who treats a lot of men. I do not feel laser liposuction will help you much at all.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Smartlipo and hidef results

You have been improperly advised. Smartlipo MPX is an old and outdated smartlipo model without the 1440 nm wavelength. You do not really need liposuction and you definitely do not need LASER as it will not "tighten" the loose, stretched and torn lower abdomen skin. You will likely need a full or mini-abdominoplasty. Your skin is too damaged to effectively tighten with "smartlipo". If you are serious about being sculpted, seek out a fully trained and experienced "hidef" surgeon as it is a very different technique than the usual liposuction for debulking.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon