I had stitches years ago on my upper lip, and the suture (1/2cm) has left a raised bump looking scar.

I got attacked by a dog at age 11, and I had a pea-sized hole in my upper lip that was sutured together. I'm 21 years old. The suture left a scar and a raised shape that is smooth to the touch but looks uneven and ballish. I never naturally had symmetric lips or face to begin with anyways. What type of filler or surgery is best to correct and fill and also augment my lips/chin face area?

Doctor Answers 1

Scar revision on the lip

Apply Plato's Scar Serum followed by surgical scar revision to decrease the lumpiness and scar tissue in the area. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.