What can I do to erase these scars? (Photo)

As a teenager I suffered from severe cystic acne that only Accutane could get rid of. Fast-forward a decade and the scars are still there. What procedure at the derm's office can I undergo to erase or greatly minimize the appearance of these scars? Thank you.

Acne scars

with these kind of scars a combination approach would probably be best. I would start with the infiniti treatments may 3-4 and consider laser resurfacing with an erbium or CO2 laser if needed. Bellafill is a good option to fill in any remaining scars.

Northborough Physician

Minimizing acne scars

Keep in mind that you can not erase acne scars. You can get them better with Infini, the best in my opinion. I would do 3-4 treatments. If there are deeper scars, Bellafill can be used. Other options include PRP, subcision, TCA Cross, laser resurfacing.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

Acne scarring can be treated with a combination approach of lasers, microneedling/PRP, skin care, subcision, TCA cross.  I suggest you see an expert to evaluate what is best.  Dr. Emer.

Acne scars

normally we would apply a fractional laser and/or microneedling in a series of sessions- for some the more rolling type scars a filler can be helpful

E. Victor Ross, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Your scars look more like rolling undulating scars from acne and cystic acne.

Acne scarring is a multi-layered process that affects multiple layers in the skin. In your case it looks like your scars are mostly involving the deeper layers and it has caused some tissue loss. This tissue loss or volume loss needs to be replaced in order for you to get rid of the Rolling undulating surface irregularities that you see here. We have a way of treating all types of acne scars with a with a 5-7 step process that is all done in about 2 hours. We are getting the best results we have ever seen.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cystic acne

From your photo is appears that you would benefit from the eMatrix or Fraxel laser to help reduce these scars.  Both lasers work very well and in office consultation is the best way to see which laser is the best laser for you.  Best, Dr. Green