What can I do to fix the lines between my eyebrows? (photos)

I've had these lines for over 10 years. They make me look mad all the time! I've tried Botox, Restylane and Dysport many times with no improvement. Should I get a brow lift? If not, then what?

Softening Lines Between Eyebrows

A neuromodulator like Botox or Dysport is the best treatment for this area. While I understand you have not had luck with this in the past, I would bet it has more to do with the injector and less to do with the effectiveness of the product. I customize treatment plans for each of my patients based on their unique needs and concerns. Because you seem to have a stronger than average glabella, I would put more focus on softening that area and creating a specific dosage that works perfectly for you. If I were treating you, I would inject what I felt would be an appropriate amount, but also encourage you to return in a week's time so I can see how it looks and add more if needed. My recommendation is to seek a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with a lot of experience injecting neruomodulators, as this problem should be able to be resolved.

How to fix long standing lines between eyebrows with botox, dysport and fillers

The glabellar complex muscles, in your case, are very strong and need a higher dose of neurotoxins (i.e: Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin) to relax them completely. You may have static lines, which might not go away even after the neurotoxin injection.

Combining your neurotoxin injections with fillers and PDO threads might help soften the lines as well. 

Fixing Frown Lines with Botox and Fillers

Dear policewife:

I would suggest changing to an expert injector of Botox and fillers to help soften up the frown lines.  Best wishes.

Deep Frown Lines

Hi PW.   We have treated many patients in your situation (see photos at ink below) at our Orange County office.  You will fist need Dysport to relax the lines and then dermal fillers to fill the grooves.  You needs these products to be used at the same time, not one at a time.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Glabellar lines which are deep

These can be improved with filler and Botox. Please see an experienced physician for this. Often only Botox/Dypsort is need in regular sessions every 3 months.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Taking Care of the "11's" -- Glabella Botox/Xeomin/Dysport -- Eyebrow Shaping

I recommend a formal evaluation to see if you would be a good candidate for a brow lift. We usually see great results with Botox and fillers in this area, but it takes someone who is meticulous. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Brow lines...

Thank you for your question.  If Botox/Dysport has not worked many different times with different doctors some other options you can consider prior to surgery would include Thermirase or possibly even NovaThreads depending on the extent.  If you have only tried Dysport with the same physician, I would be wary to say it hasn't worked and would give it a try with a different board certified Dermatologist/PS before considering other options.  I would not recommend Restylane in this area due to the risk of complications.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

What can I do to fix the lines between my eyebrows?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  The best temporary treatment for these vertical wrinkles is the use of a neuromodulator like Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport.  You should see some result with any of these and if you have not i would advise seeing another injector or asking for a higher dosing.  Hope this helps.

Frown lines

Hi policewife

Your frown lines can respond well to injection of neurotoxins such as Botox and to fillers such as Juvederm. I usually inject my patients with the toxin first and if they need the filler I do that after a few weeks once the toxin is at maximal effect. Please ensure you see a board certified plastic surgeon to assist you.

See a plastic surgeon

Brow lift is definitely a viable option for people to treat forehead lines.  Botox and Fillers are good options for most patients, but they are temporary treatments.  If you see a plastic surgeon they can go over all your options for what will help you achieve the results you are after.