What is the Optimal Time for a Doctor to Read Photo Facial Results?

Four Weeks, Two Weeks and Why?

Time to assess results of a photo facial

We typically advise a series of 3-6 treatments, 3-4 weeks apart. I like to review my patients after 3 treatments to make sure they're doing great and on the right path. If there are any issues, I'm always happy to assess sooner. Healing time is about 1 week, though sometimes 10 days, so I wouldn't reassess until 2 weeks after a treatment to be able to properly judge results. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Photofacial

We typically see patients for a series of 3-5 photofacials spaced one month apart from each other.  So, 4 weeks would be appropriate. You should allow 1-2 weeks for the brown pigment to flake off.

Photofacial

Photofacial

Evaluation of photofacial should be at around 2-3 weeks, and another treatment in 4-5 weeks.  This time is enough to allow blood vessels to resolve, and allowing enough time for brown pigment to flake off.

Photofacial

Photofacial results can be great for facial rejuvenation

Photofacial (IPL, intense pulsed light) is a great office treatment for brown discoloration in the skin from sun damage, red discoloration from tiny blood vessels, and for lines and wrinkles.  A series of treatments is  needed, generally spaced 3-4 weeks apart.  You will notice initial darkening of any brown spots on the face, which will then flake off after a few days. There is no downtime, as you can cover with makeup immediately after treatment.

I'm not sure I understand your question regarding "reading results"  of photofacial.  You will see a change in the reds and browns in the face almost immediately, with gradual improvement after that.  Again, a series of treatments is needed, and maintenance treatments are needed as well--this is part of a solid skin care regimen for many women.  It's not a one-time thing.