Is there really anything that can help with the appearance of cellulite?

Cellulite Treatment

there is no cure for cellulite, but I get amazing results with cellulaze and fat transfer followed by radiofrequency treatments as maintenance such as venus legacy and/or velashape.  I suggest only seeing a body contouring expert for this type of treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Helping the appearance of cellulite

You should investigate Cellfina, probably the best treatment on the market today for cellulite. Using local anesthesia, Cellfina uses a reciprocating needle to release the fibrous bands responsible for cellulite dimples. Patient satisfaction with the results of the procedure has been well over 90% three years following treatment.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Thank you for your good question

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina and Pellefirm

Cellulite is caused by connective bands woven throughout the fat that pull down the skin, creating dimpling seen on the skin’s surface. It is genetic in nature. Some people can loosen the tension on these bands by decreasing the amount of fat between the skin and the underlying fascial connection. Others just have cellulite and are skinny.

The Cellfina procedure is a minimally invasive one that numbs the area around the dimple on your buttocks or thighs, and then treats the connective bands woven throughout the fat that pull down the skin, creating dimpling seen on the skin’s surface. The Cellfina cellulite procedure works by precisely treating these tethered bands, causing them to fully release. Similar to a rubberband under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out in as little as three days.

Weight gain or weight loss should not affect the outcomes and the results have been seen for over 2 years (if not more). It is truly a really exciting new technology that most women can benefit from.
For the transverse skin wrinkles that often happen on the front of the thighs, I recommend Pellefirm treatments. I would also do Pellefirm treatments on the backs of the thighs and buttocks for improved skin over the Cellfina-treated areas.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

You can treat Cellulite and new technology on way!

Cellulite can be helped with a myriad of procedures. Many tissue tightening treatments do help with the appearance of cellulite such as Pollogen’s Apollo, Thermage Thermacool, Exilis, Pellefirm and Velashape.
Most of these are temporary results that do need maintenance of every 3-6 months but there is no downtime and few risks. There is a new treatment that is exciting called Cellfina which is just about to be released that has a huge amount of potential as it targets individual dimples and is rumored to be permanent. In addition, the Profound procedure research team is developing a new set of handpieces that can treat cellulite in a minimally invasive fashion that also may prove to be a one time therapy. Finally, Cellulaze has been around for a couple of years and has been shown to be effective and permanent. In a procedure similar to laser liposuction, the bands that cause cellulite are severed and the fat that is too high up is flattened out with laser.
It looks like soon we will be presented with new therapies for cellulite that may be longer lasting than what was available in the past!

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Help for Cellulite Appearance

To date there is one device that has been approved for treatment of cellulite that goes beyond just being temporary and that is the FDA approved Cellulaze device for the tremens of cellulite.  It uses a special laser to treat cellulite and patients can expect somewhere between a 50% to 70% improvement in cellulite, thou results do vary significantly between patients.  I have owned this device for over three years and all of my patients have seen at least some improvement in there cellulite consistent with the percentages I just mentioned.  It' always best to consult with a plastic surgeon who can shoe results from his patients using this device, to best see what improvement that you might expect.

Treatments for Cellulite

Thank you for your question. Velashape and Endermologie among many others seem to improve the apperance of cellulite. See a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for offerings of these or like services. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

The radiofrequency (RF) devices out there all work to improve the appearance of cellulite

Cellulite is one of the holy grails out there and there are lots of
creams and lotions and potions sold every day claiming to make it go away
– which we know they do not. The radiofrequency (RF) devices out there
all work to improve the appearance of cellulite – the Venus Legacy, the
EndyMed 3Deep, the Alma Accent, the Ellman PelleFirm, and the BTL Exilis
– all do some and with proper maintenance, do a really good job.
Newer therapies are under development, and hopefully someday
soon, we will really hit the holy grail here.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon