Which clinic can I go to and what method of treatment do I need for acne scars? (photos)

I have acne scars and I just moved to Nashville. They are not deep marks but very noticeable, for they are only a few years old. I also still have occurring acne. what method is most popular and what clinic is highly suggested for my treatment? I'm located in Nashville/ Gallatin area. The photo i have attached is not one of me, but is the closest resemblance to my own as a reference. Thank you.
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

TCA CROSS, INFINI RF, fillers and Botox- see web reference.

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

In your case, I would personally do TCA CROSS, 3 sessions, followed by INFINI and subcision, focal fillers ( very difficult and tricky area to fill), then Botox to relax your muscles. Expect a 50-60% improvement after all these treatments. 

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.
Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scars and Best Treatment NYC eMatrix and Fillers

You should definitely have the eMatrix and fillers combined to have the best results.  You first need to have the lasers help to improve the texture of the skin.  Restylane or other fillers injected in the scars will improve the appearance as well.  Best, Dr. Green

PicoSure for acne scars

Thank you for your question. In order to effectively treat and reduce the appearance of acne scars, the best treatment for you is the PicoSure laser. The PicoSure laser is FDA-approved and is gentle on your skin, with minimal discomfort or downtime after treatments. PicoSure works by sending ultra-short pulses of laser energy into the outer and inner skin layers. This helps our dermatologist to effectively treat the outer skin, while the laser also stimulates collagen and elastin production within the inner skin layers. Collagen and elastin help your skin to look healthy, plump, and youthful.
The PicoSure laser can be used to help treat acne scars through the following:
  • Reduce damaged and scarred skin
  • Reduce dark spots
  • Shrink glands that produce oil
  • Encourage collagen and elastin production
The price for the PicoSure laser varies according to area of treatment as well as various other factors. It’s best to have an in-person consultation so that a qualified physician can properly look at your areas and let you know what treatment(s) they can customize to you for your best results.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Where to go for acne scars that have created rolling, ice pick and box car scars.

I think the key is finding someone that has experience with acne scars. I will try to find someone that can really help you and that has a lot of experience with acne scarring. You may just find someone in your local area. For your scars you definitely need something more than just lasering.  Lasering will not help your volume loss that you have in that area. You need a multi-step approach to improve your scars and hopefully you'll find someone that can do it all in one treatment.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon