I Have a Mucocele in Lower Lip and Was Told to Go to a Dermatologist but I Don't Have Insurance What Should I Do?

I've been have the mucocele on the outer lower lip. It looks kinda translucent with some bluish. Been there for about 6 months now. Im a 20 year old student without job or any kind of health insurance. I need help

Doctor Answers 1

Mucocele treatment on lip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A Dermatologist should be able to easily remove your mucocele.  It is a straight forward procedure with some local anesthetic and one stitch. Call around and ask for a cash price, let them know you are a student.  I give student cash discounts all the time and would remove it for $100, so there is bound to be someone in your area who will do the same. Good luck!

Phoenix Dermatologist
4.8 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.