I am asking for suggestions to improve my tired look. (Photo)

I am 40 years old. I had a photofacial last month and it seems to have aged me instead of helped me. The texture of my skin is worse and there seems to be fat loss in my face. I see shadows and depressions on my cheeks. I feel that I look so old.

I am asking for suggestions to improve my tired look.

In order to help improve your look and feel more rejuvenated after a laser pick a treatment that will stimulate collagen. Chemical peels, both at-home and in office are strongly recommended as well. Chemical peels cause the natural cell turnover process to speed up, helping to stimulate the growth of new collagen. To start, chose a peel that will require no downtime. I suggest you find a board-certified doctor who can suggest and customize treatments based on your specific needs. If you are considering Botox and fillers, both can most definitely help treat the most urgent anti-aging concerns you are having right now. 

Here at my practice we use the Sublative or Sublime laser to help improve overall texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines. If you wish you can do both laser and botox in the same day. Make sure to book your Botox after the laser, it is recommended you do not lay down four hours after Botox. You can also combine lasers, I have created a treatment at my practice using the Collagenesis (gentlemax laser) and the V-beam laser in order to tighten both the face and the neck. The results from two to three treatments will last you for up to a year.

If you are looking for youthful and glowing skin dedicate the time to find the right combination of treatments and products for you. You can do this by getting advice from reputable professionals.

The BBL photofacial from Sciton is an amazing technology which maintains healthy looking skin. Studies show BBL stops the aging gene in the skin and activates the genes which have died. This reverses the signs of aging and decreases any pigment/age spots on the face or body. It is ideal to receive 3-5 sessions a year of BBL treatments. At a maximum one every 6 weeks to maintain optimal results. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Photo facial affecting facial volume

Photo facials can improve texture and color in the skin, but won't affect volume. Volume is determined by the amount of subcutaneous fat below the dermis and bone resorption with aging. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Photofacial's are great for decreasing the amount of brown pigment and closing red capillaries on the face, but it will not make a different regarding volume or texture. If you need something to help with the process of aging I would try a device that will stimulate collagen, or a device that is known as an ablative laser which will initiate new collagen growth. 

Alan B. Brackup, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Photofacials and aging

BroadBand Light Photofacials can help reverse some of the signs of aging with multiple treatments.  We recommend at least 4 treatments initially. If you are concerned with less volume in your face, fillers or fat will help fill in the the shadows and depressions.  Treatments such as Ultherapy are helpful as well to tighten and lift your skin.  Botox  injections will help with the wrinkles in the frown lines, forehead and crows feet.

I recommend that you consult with a Facial Plastic Specialist. During the consultation you will have time to express your concerns and have multiple surgical and non-surgical treatment options.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

My over the internet suggestion is A Liquid FaceLift with fillers & Botox, Skin care + VIP peels and finally a Full Silhouette Lift. Fees ranges from $5,000 to $8,000....This is all non and minimal surgeries. Vs mini Face/Neck lift operation. Or combination of both.