Exercise but it's not working.

I asked a question about stretch marks and the feed back was good. Now I am exercising but I don't seem to be working. I stopped drinking soda. Is tea bad for me? What else can I do. I walk a lot. I just can't seem to get the energy I need.. What can I do to lose weight and get my energy level up?

Losing weight and energy.

Losing weight is not easy for most people who are overweight. A lot depends on you and your   personality type, lifestyle, metabolism, and attitude. If you want to learn how to lose weight and keep it off for the rest of your life, you should do a program that encompasses all these aspects. 

Three main aspects for losing weight are eating right, exercising adequately, and getting support regularly. A restricted diet is necessary, such as < 1000 cals/day. Limit carbs such as sweets, breads, pastas; make sure you eat enough protein, at least 50 gm/day; eat lots of vegetables and some low glycemic fruits; some nuts and oils, such as olive oil.  Exercise regularly, every day if you can, with good vigorous activities. See a diet counselor or physician at least every other week; if you have a support person, use them.

If your energy is low, you may also want to do some blood tests to check your thyroid and your testosterone level. Optimizing these may not only help your energy but also help you to lose weight.

For further information on my plan, The True Diet, go to my website (see link below). I also utilize methods to change your metabolism, to make sure hormones are optimized, to lower inflammation, and much more. It’s not just calories in should be less than calories out. Good Luck.

Grapevine OB/GYN

Dr. Results Approaching Weight Loss

Thank you for your inquiry!

Unfortunately, weight loss can be frustrating at times when results are not being seen quickly.  Stubborn fat can be caused by many factors such as hormonal imbalances, unhealthy eating habits, and hereditary obesity that may contribute to weight gain/loss. While there isn't an absolute truth or universal rule to weight loss, there are still solutions. 

I always suggest a balanced diet with the majority of your intake being from lean proteins, green vegetables, and drinking a lot of water throughout the day. You may also need to increase your exercise routine to more heart-challenging workouts such as interval exercises or full body cardio workouts. To answer your question on tea, it ultimately depends which type you are drinking. It is important to avoid sweetened teas which can provide over 40 grams of sugar per serving. Some unsweetened teas can provide caffeine and other stimulants which could decrease appetite and increase weight loss results . I hope this answers your questions! 

Dr. Results