What is the best treatment for 2 or 3 pitted acne scars from cystic acne, one is on the forehead, the other is on the chin?

I suffered from cystic acne and have a few pitted acne scars from receiving cortisone shots to the cysts, i was wondering what would be the best treatment, rejuvapen? laser, or Infini

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience to determine what combinations are best.  Pitted scars need TCA cross or surgical removal along with lasers and microneedling.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Deep Pitted Scars and Best Treatment

I would consider a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm or Bellafill for such deep localized scars.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  You may also benefit from chemical peels or lasers to help rejuvenate the overall skin texture. Best, Dr. Green

Depend on depth and type of scars.

If they are deep, TCA CROSS, if they are atrophic and shallow, a filler such as JUVEDERM or better still Bellafill in the US. 

Laser treatment can help as well, it really depends on the type of acne scar. I ve attached a Web Ref. and also a video on both of these processes. 

Cheers

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD