Best treatment for acne scars? (Photo)

Hey there. So far Ive had 2 skin pen (microdemabrasion) appointments and 2 laser treatments to try and get rid of an old acne scar. There has been improvement in smoothness and some lightening but minimal after the first session(s). I was looking for opinions on what the best way to go about removing the scar from here on.

Acne scars on nose

Thank you for your photos. Scars continue to mature and improve over a year. If they are still young and remodeling, you can continue treating your scars with various topical options such as silicone-based strips or gels and most importantly - keep them out of the sun. Overtime, your scar should continue to improve on its own. For both young and older scars that have plateaued in their improvement, microneedling, fractionated laser, and radiofrequency make microscopic holes in the scar to stimulate your body to remodel and fill in the scar with new collagen. I would recommend microneedling which I have found to be particularly effective around the thick, more sebaceous skin around the nose. It also seems to help reduce pore size. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD, Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

For you I think fractional resurfacing would work best.

From your pics I think aggressive fractional laser resurfacing would work best. That area may won't respond well to filler or subcision. Makes sense that you have slight improvement from microneedling. One option would be to continue for several more microneedling treatments and see where you are then. Advantage to that is the fast healing time. 
Best to you,Dr. Norcom

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

I suggest a combination of lasers, peels and skin care to improve this.  Needle dessication can also be used. Best, Dr. Emer.

Nasal scars

The photos didn't come out well. I like to use Infini for scars but laser resurfacing is another option. If they are early and red, Excel V is an option to. It really needs an evaluation in person.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Nasal scars from Acne and how to improve them

Your nasal scars may require some multiple steps to improve your nasal scars. We have a 5 to 7 step process that we call the acne scar vitalizer that treats all types of acne scars. Some of your scars are elevated and they need to be treated in a different way than some of the scars that you have that are a little bit more depressed. I see some of those elements based on the pictures. So our five to seven step process treats different types of scars based on the particular steps within those five to seven steps. Ice pick scars benefit from certain steps while boxcar scars benefit from others and still other steps improve rolling scars.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon