How I can enlighten or remove these black spots? My skin is pretty sensitive too.

Hi! About 1 month ago I burnt my face (a little) with an acne remover product and it made my skin burn! I washed my face and then the next day my skin was dry and it peeled of!

Doctor Answers 4

Discoloration, do this first.

Before jumping to chemical peels or laser treatments, I recommend using lightening agents on the skin and daily use of sunscreen. In the rare event that within 2-3 months the color does not fade to normal, you can start chemical peels and/or laser treatments to lighten up discolored areas. I would see a qualified dermatologist for consultation. Best, Dr P.

Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Scar Solutions with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers

This is tough to answer without pictures. I recommend following up with a cosmetic dermatologist for a treatment plan for active acne and scarring. Any subsequent scarring can be treated with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 166 reviews

Skin hyperpigmentation

First I would not recommend using any over the counter skin products without discussing the treatment with a skin care specialist.  Many individuals have sensitive skin and products can cause irritations as you describe.  I would seek out the help of a skin care physician, either a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist to assist you with this problem.  Do not try to correct it on your own, as you already have had a problem you are dealing with.

Find an expert.

Samuel Shatkin, Jr., MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

You might also like...



This is called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation which will take a while to fade. There are topical creams with glycolic acid and arbutin which will lighten these pigmentations. Sunscreens are mandatory in the day time to protect your skin from further damage. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.