Is a combination of skin needling + PRP considered a proven method to remove acne scars. (photos)

I went to a clinic in Indonesia to cure my acne a couple of months ago. My skin has improved significantly, most of my acnes are cleared. However, the scars remain. The doctor suggested a combination of skin needling + prp treatment (prp is smeared all over your face after skin needling). Is that a reliable method? What kind of treatment that my skin should have?

PRP and microneedling

To answer your question, no, there are no good studies to demonstrate that PRP and microneedling improves outcomes compared to microneedling itself, however, I do perform this procedure, as patients have a faster healing time due to PRP. The logic behind growth factors on top of microneedling channels seems sound. I do not use microneedling but microneedling RF- as this provides needling as well as RF directed energy. 
In your case, I would do TCA CROSS - 3 to 4 sessions before any energy device as you have deeper scars. Combination treatments work best. See a Board Certified specialist for treatments. All the bestDr Davin Lim Laser DermatologistBrisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

PRP and microneedling helps scars but in your case you need more aggressive treatment and I would combine that treatment with lasers, fillers, punch excision, TCA cross.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Microneedling and PRP; ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, micro needling and PRP are an excellent way to improve superficial acne scars. It's important to determine the type of acne scars. Deeper acne scars will not respond to this method. A recent article in a Dermatology Journal compared certain lasers to Microneedling. The results were very similar , however the micro needling had a shorter down time. The PRP will help in improving results, but primarily  will decrease the healing time. Find an acne scar expert. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon