I have dark post acne marks on my both cheeks and tiny acne marks on my fore head. What is the best treatment for this? (Photo)

There are many dark marks of the acne left over on my cheeks.I'm 20yrs old female.I consulted a dermatologist.He asked to use 2%Salicylic acid face wash,moisturize with Zit moist,take Doxycycline100mg for 2 wks, apply Clindamycin+Nicotinamide gel at morning and night and apply2% Hydroquinone cream(HH lite cream) at night.I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock spf 50 when I go out.He suggested me for Glycolic+Salicylic acid peel.1wk of medication is over.Still 1wk to go.Planning to do peel.

Acne scars and treatment

Thanks for your question and photos. An option is the LightPodNeo Aerolase laser because of its effectiveness at removing acne, keeping acne from returning, and removing acne scars. The Aerolase laser aims laser technology Into both the outer and inner layers of your skin. As it penetrates the deep layers of your dermis, it helps to combat bacteria and any other infections. It also will help reduce oil, swelling, and inflammation. It is FDA-approved and encourages collagen development. Hope this helps! Best, Dr. Katz

Dark Acne Scarring/Forehead/Cheeks--Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill)

A combination approach give you the best result. I suggest a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. Lasers, TCA cross, fillers, peels/skin care can improve the skin's appearance.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Dark skin with acne and scarring

Hydroquinone should at least be 4%. I would treat with Infini which will treat the acne and the scarring at once. It will take several treatments to improve. For the scarring, PRP, Bellafill, TCA Cross might be helpful too. The other topicals are appropriate.

Steven F. Weiner, MD